SDL2 MinGW Build

Discussion of development and patch submission.
md0

SDL2 MinGW Build

Post by md0 »

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile the latest SDL2 version using MinGW32 under Windows 10, but I'm a noob at this.
I've managed to set up the environment, SDL2 and wxWidgets and the configure command works until it gets to OpenGL, when I'm told I need to install the OpenGL library.

I've tried all sorts of headers & libraries combinations but I'm afraid I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!
bit

Re: SDL2 MinGW Build

Post by bit »

md0 wrote:Hello all,

I'm trying to compile the latest SDL2 version using MinGW32 under Windows 10, but I'm a noob at this.
I've managed to set up the environment, SDL2 and wxWidgets and the configure command works until it gets to OpenGL, when I'm told I need to install the OpenGL library.

I've tried all sorts of headers & libraries combinations but I'm afraid I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!
Hi!

What build environment are you using? If you use MinGW from http://www.mingw.org/ I think it is installed by default so you should be good to go.
md0

Post by md0 »

Yes, I'm using the mingw.org distro. I see that there are 3 header files in /include/gl (gl.h, glext.h and glu.h), but somehow the opengl library is not found during the configuration. I''ve also tried adding glut, freeglut and glew but to no avail...
bit

Post by bit »

md0 wrote:Yes, I'm using the mingw.org distro. I see that there are 3 header files in /include/gl (gl.h, glext.h and glu.h), but somehow the opengl library is not found during the configuration. I''ve also tried adding glut, freeglut and glew but to no avail...
Thats odd, I wonder why you don't have it.
You can try to download https://github.com/bakercp-archive/ofMi ... opengl32.a and put in in <MinGW_install>/lib and see if that works.

Also, what is the command you're using to build it?
md0

Post by md0 »

The library was already there, I've replaced it and the result is the same. Here's my entire
configure --enable-wx
command output:

Code: Select all

checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking whether to enable debugging... no
checking whether to use the wxWidgets-based GUI... yes
checking for cpu... i686
checking for pkg-config... no
checking for SDL... no
checking for sdl2-config... /mingw/bin/sdl2-config
checking for SDL - version >= 2.0.1... yes
checking for wx-config... /usr/local/bin/wx-config
checking for wxWidgets version >= 3.0.0... yes (version 3.1.0)
checking for wxWidgets static library... no
checking for glGetError in -lGL... no
You need to install the OpenGL library. 
I've also tried forcing the script to get past the OpenGL check but it just fails on the next check, for OpenA. It may be a mingw configuration issue, but have no idea how to fix it....
bit

Post by bit »

md0 wrote:The library was already there, I've replaced it and the result is the same. Here's my entire
configure --enable-wx
command output:

checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking whether to enable debugging... no
checking whether to use the wxWidgets-based GUI... yes
checking for cpu... i686
checking for pkg-config... no
checking for SDL... no
checking for sdl2-config... /mingw/bin/sdl2-config
checking for SDL - version >= 2.0.1... yes
checking for wx-config... /usr/local/bin/wx-config
checking for wxWidgets version >= 3.0.0... yes (version 3.1.0)
checking for wxWidgets static library... no
checking for glGetError in -lGL... no
You need to install the OpenGL library. 
I've also tried forcing the script to get past the OpenGL check but it just fails on the next check, for OpenA. It may be a mingw configuration issue, but have no idea how to fix it....
Ah I see. configure hasn't been configured for MinGW unfortunately, so you have to cd into src and type

make -f Makefile.mingw-wx-sdl2
md0

Post by md0 »

Thanks, that got me over the issue, but I immediately came upon another :

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxmsw31u_xrc
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxmsw31u_html
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxmsw31u_adv
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxbase31u_xml
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxmsw31u_core
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxbase31u
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxtiff
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxjpeg
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxpng
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxzlib
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxregexu
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxexpat
Seeing that the libraries produced by MinGW have different names (for example libwxbase31u .a is named libwx_baseu-3.1.dll.a) I proceeded to rename all the missing libraries, with the following result:

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_editlbox.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_grid.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_grid.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE[__ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_html.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_html.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE[__ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_mdi.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase[__ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_panel.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_scwin.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_scwin.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE[__ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_split.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_unkwn.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_xrc.a(xrclib_xh_wizrd.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_html.a(htmllib_htmlwin.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_html.a(htmllib_htmlwin.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE[__ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_html.a(htmllib_htmllbox.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_adv.a(advlib_gridcmn.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_adv.a(advlib_gridcmn.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE[__ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_adv.a(advlib_editlbox.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_adv.a(advlib_grid.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_adv.a(advlib_grid.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE[__ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_adv.a(advlib_odcombo.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_adv.a(advlib_wizard.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_adv.a(advlib_wizard.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE[__ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxbase31u_xml
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_collpaneg.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_msw_mdi.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase[__ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_panel.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_dlgcmn.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_dlgcmn.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE[__ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_panelcmn.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_prntbase.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_prntbase.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE[__ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_rearrangectrl.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_wincmn.o):wincmn.cpp:(.text+0x1df0): multiple definition of `wxWindowBase::GetContentScaleFactor() const'
wx-main.o:wx-main.cc:(.text$_ZNK12wxWindowBase21GetContentScaleFactorEv[__ZNK12wxWindowBase21GetContentScaleFactorEv]+0x0): first defined here
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_scrlwing.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_scrlwing.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE[__ZTV10wxScrolledI7wxPanelE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_spinctlg.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV17wxCompositeWindowI14wxSpinCtrlBaseE[__ZTV17wxCompositeWindowI14wxSpinCtrlBaseE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_spinctlg.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI17wxCompositeWindowI14wxSpinCtrlBaseEE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI17wxCompositeWindowI14wxSpinCtrlBaseEE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_splitter.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../libwxmsw31u_core.a(corelib_vlbox.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE[__ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI8wxWindowE]' has different size
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [PCem-wx-SDL2.exe] Error 1
Any idea what could be wrong now?
bit

Post by bit »

md0 wrote:Any idea what could be wrong now?
I'm not sure what's happening, how did you install the wxWidgets-libraries?
You could try the pre-compiled ones from https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/ ... tag/v3.1.0 (wxMSW-3.1.0_gcc510TDM_Dev.7z and wxWidgets-3.1.0-headers.7z), they are the ones I've been using when compiling on Windows.
Put the files from wxWidgets-3.1.0-headers.7z/include to <MinGW_install>/include and the files from wxMSW-3.1.0_gcc510TDM_Dev.7z/lib/gcc510TDM_dll to <MinGW_install>/lib and the files from wxMSW-3.1.0_gcc510TDM_Dev.7z/lib/gcc510TDM_dll/mswu/wx/ to <MinGW_install>/include/wx (overwriting the existing files).
You may have to remove your previous libraries and includes first.
md0

Post by md0 »

I was using wxWidgets 3.10 compiled locally in MinGW, switching to the precompiled libraries did the trick - I was able to compile PCEM now.

Thank you very much for you help!
bit

Post by bit »

md0 wrote:I was using wxWidgets 3.10 compiled locally in MinGW, switching to the precompiled libraries did the trick - I was able to compile PCEM now.

Thank you very much for you help!
Great! You're welcome! :)
md0

Post by md0 »

Just one more question, this time about the MT32 / CM32L emulation. I've copied the necessary files into roms/mt32 and roms/cm32l and the option to emulate the two synthesizers came up. However, the emulator crashes every time I try to launch a configuration with MT32 or CM32L emulation.

Below is the full log for an attempted run with MT32 emulation active:

path = C:\emulators\dos\PCem-wx-SDL2\
Config data :
[]
vid_resize = 0
vid_force_aspect_ratio = 0
vid_disc_indicator = 1
vid_api = 0
video_fullscreen_scale = 1
video_fullscreen_first = 0
window_w = 532
window_h = 400
window_x = 320
window_y = 130
window_remember = 0
sound_buf_len = 200
[Paths]
roms_paths = 
nvr_path = 
configs_path = 
logs_path = 
screenshots_path = 
[wxWidgets]
show_machine_info = 1
show_disc_activity = 1
show_speed_history = 0
show_mount_paths = 0
show_status = 0
show_machine_on_start = 0
confirm_on_reset_machine = 1
confirm_on_stop_emulation = 0
window_x = 0
window_y = 0
Config data :
[]
Config loaded
Starting with romset 13
timer_reset
Cannot open file '': Invalid argumentCannot open file '': Invalid argumentCannot open file '': Invalid argumentCannot open file '': Invalid argumentPath is \\.\
timer_reset
Loading :0  
Loading :1  
Initting as [8088] AMI XT clone
io_init
Video_init 13 0
PCI burst=1 nonburst=4
hasfpu - 0
is486 - 0  0
x86 reset
znp8 b1 = 4 04
znp16 b1 = 4 04
znp16 65b1 = 4 04
Recalc - 0 0 0
Cannot open file '': Invalid argumentCannot open file '': Invalid argumentCannot open file '': Invalid argumentCannot open file '': Invalid argumentPath is \\.\
SDL 2.0.5 initialized.
Starting with romset 0
romset 0 - 1
Starting with romset 1
romset 1 - 1
Starting with romset 2
romset 2 - 1
Starting with romset 3
romset 3 - 1
Starting with romset 4
romset 4 - 1
Starting with romset 5
romset 5 - 1
Starting with romset 6
romset 6 - 1
Starting with romset 7
romset 7 - 1
Starting with romset 8
romset 8 - 1
Starting with romset 9
romset 9 - 1
Starting with romset 10
romset 10 - 1
Starting with romset 11
Loading BIOS
FF FF FF
romset 11 - 1
Starting with romset 12
romset 12 - 1
Starting with romset 13
romset 13 - 1
Starting with romset 14
romset 14 - 1
Starting with romset 15
romset 15 - 1
Starting with romset 16
romset 16 - 1
Starting with romset 17
romset 17 - 1
Starting with romset 18
romset 18 - 1
Starting with romset 19
romset 19 - 1
Starting with romset 20
romset 20 - 1
Starting with romset 21
romset 21 - 1
Starting with romset 22
romset 22 - 1
Starting with romset 23
romset 23 - 1
Starting with romset 24
romset 24 - 1
Starting with romset 25
romset 25 - 1
Starting with romset 26
romset 26 - 1
Starting with romset 27
romset 27 - 1
Starting with romset 28
Failed to load ROM!
romset 28 - 0
Starting with romset 29
romset 29 - 1
Starting with romset 30
romset 30 - 1
Starting with romset 31
romset 31 - 1
Starting with romset 32
romset 32 - 1
Starting with romset 33
romset 33 - 1
Starting with romset 34
romset 34 - 1
Starting with romset 35
romset 35 - 1
Starting with romset 36
Load SIS496 ea ff
romset 36 - 1
Starting with romset 37
romset 37 - 1
Starting with romset 38
romset 38 - 1
Starting with romset 39
romset 39 - 1
Starting with romset 40
romset 40 - 1
Starting with romset 41
romset 41 - 1
Starting with romset 42
romset 42 - 1
Starting with romset 43
romset 43 - 1
Starting with romset 44
romset 44 - 1
Starting with romset 45
romset 45 - 1
Starting with romset 46
romset 46 - 1
Starting with romset 47
romset 47 - 1
Starting with romset 48
romset 48 - 1
Dir C:\emulators\dos\PCem-wx-SDL2\configs/*.cfg
wx_dlgdirselectex returned 1 _top.
Config name C:\emulators\dos\PCem-wx-SDL2\configs/_top.cfg
Starting emulation...
path = C:\emulators\dos\PCem-wx-SDL2\
Config data :
[]
vid_resize = 0
vid_force_aspect_ratio = 0
vid_disc_indicator = 1
vid_api = 0
video_fullscreen_scale = 1
video_fullscreen_first = 0
window_w = 532
window_h = 400
window_x = 320
window_y = 130
window_remember = 0
sound_buf_len = 200
[Paths]
roms_paths = 
nvr_path = 
configs_path = 
logs_path = 
screenshots_path = 
[wxWidgets]
show_machine_info = 1
show_disc_activity = 1
show_speed_history = 0
show_mount_paths = 0
show_status = 0
show_machine_on_start = 0
confirm_on_reset_machine = 1
confirm_on_stop_emulation = 0
window_x = 0
window_y = 0
Config data :
[]
gameblaster = 0
gus = 0
ssi2001 = 0
voodoo = 0
model = 430vx
cpu_manufacturer = 0
cpu = 3
cpu_use_dynarec = 1
gfxcard = px_trio64
video_speed = 5
sndcard = sbprov2
cpu_speed = 13
has_fpu = 1
s
Am I missing somthing here?
bit

Post by bit »

md0 wrote:Am I missing somthing here?
Hmm not sure what the issue could be. Since it crashes immediately on launch it's probably something when MUNT initializes the ROMs. Do the ROMs work in standalone MUNT?
Does the emulation work fine if you disable MT32-emulation (sound/music in games etc)?

I recently updated to use MUNT 2.2.0 on my GitHub, have you tried that update?
md0

Post by md0 »

Yes, the emulation works fine otherwise. I've used the most recent patches available on github (including munt 2.2.0).
The roms are also valid, MUNT can play midi files using both sets. Maybe it's something specific to MinGW?

UPDATE: On closer inspection, it would appear that there's a problem with Adlib/OPL emulation - there's no music for any Adlib/SB card (just FX). Could this be related to the MT32 problem?

UPDATE 2: Nope, that issue looks like it's specific to the 430VX chipset - it's present in the main PCem build as wel...