[Feature Suggestion] Language pack

Support and general discussion.
BoisterousSleet75

[Feature Suggestion] Language pack

Post by BoisterousSleet75 »

Hi,

I would like to see the UI translated to other languages in PCem v14. (I don't know if Sarah approves this idea)

Language including:
Chinese (both Simplified and Traditional)
Czech
Danish
Dutch
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Polish
Portuguese (Including Latin America and Spain)
Slovenian

I know the idea was existed in the Forum.

Also Congratulations for making this Great Emulator.

Regards.
Long Live Marxism-Leninism-Maoism! ☭
omarsis81

Re: [Feature Suggestion] Language pack

Post by omarsis81 »

My opinion:

All the PCem options are really easy to read even if English is not your native language.

Maybe a better idea would be to have better documentation on how to run PCem for "newbies" or how to read some options like those in the Stats

But, if a language pack is included I wouldn't mind, just I don't see this as a top priority
BoisterousSleet75

omarsis81 wrote:My opinion:

All the PCem options are really easy to read even if English is not your native language.

Maybe a better idea would be to have better documentation on how to run PCem for "newbies" or how to read some options like those in the Stats

But, if a language pack is included I wouldn't mind, just I don't see this as a top priority
Okay.
basic2004

Post by basic2004 »

PCem needs being Unicode before making Language packs. (Unicode doesn't work on Windows 9x host. but who using 9x yet?)

Why Unicode?
Currently, PCem can't find files (ROM, HDD Image, and so on) if installed path has Non-English character.
This issue can solve when making PCem to Unicode.
... and never converting Unicode to Multibyte(ANSI) encoding.

but Windows' Unicode(UTF-16LE) and other OS's Unicode encodings are some differents.
and Mac OS X(and iOS) using NFD and other OS(Windows and Linux, Android) using NFC.

Maybe, I think... making PCem's language packs to UTF-8 and NFC, and converting to each OS.
BoisterousSleet75

basic2004 wrote:PCem needs being Unicode before making Language packs. (Unicode doesn't work on Windows 9x host. but who using 9x yet?)

Why Unicode?
Currently, PCem can't find files (ROM, HDD Image, and so on) if installed path has Non-English character.
This issue can solve when making PCem to Unicode.
... and never converting Unicode to Multibyte(ANSI) encoding.

but Windows' Unicode(UTF-16LE) and other OS's Unicode encodings are some differents.
and Mac OS X(and iOS) using NFD and other OS(Windows and Linux, Android) using NFC.

Maybe, I think... making PCem's language packs to UTF-8 and NFC, and converting to each OS.
I'm total agree with this.
BoisterousSleet75

omarsis81 wrote: Maybe a better idea would be to have better documentation on how to run PCem for "newbies" or how to read some options like those in the Stats
Yeah. I'm agree with this idea.