My first time here. (An Introduction)

Support and general discussion.
Ikewithteeth97

My first time here. (An Introduction)

Post by Ikewithteeth97 »

Hello, may not know me, but my name is Ikewithteeth.

I first heard of this emulator back in 2017. I was looking for PC emulators that are better than DOSbox to replicate my family's old Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 multimedia PC from 1993-2000. I was on youtube and I found something called PCem. When I looked at the thumbnails of the emulator playing like Direct 3D games on PCem I'd think that it would accurately recreate me very first multimedia PC. I watched the videos of games that use Direct 3D from the late 90s to early 2000s on the software.

And I have too say I was impressed on how accurate the FPS (frames per second) emulation is too those games on while emulating these cards. And myself really likes how this can be used for both DOS and Windows gaming with the accurate emulation of my old hardware.

I have some old PC games from the 90s like from Living books, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Mad dog mcree on DOS, Putt-putt joins the parade and other humongous titles and Richard Scary's Busytown from 1993 on DOS that I would get me play those games again. Definitively.

By contributing any resources for emulation, and by benefit I could relive all those memories of me playing on my old multimedia computer. That I spent my days playing in my father's bedroom and in the living room at my old house in San Mateo California. By learning from you people.

Personally I am a 90s kid like my roommate in college. And I like the 90s especially multimedia PC gaming and how people are getting into 3D graphics. (Multimedia PC is how people said gaming PC back in the 90s.) Man the 90s were such a colorful time.
omarsis81

Re: My first time here. (An Introduction)

Post by omarsis81 »

Hi and welcome to the PCem world. I hope you already put it work!
I like the 90s too!
Ikewithteeth97

Post by Ikewithteeth97 »

omarsis81 wrote:Hi and welcome to the PCem world. I hope you already put it work!
I like the 90s too!
Thank you, so what can I contribute? Also I would like to do some exprimenting with something new for PCem.
A. Naim

Post by A. Naim »

..."Back in 2017"?? That's, like, still last week for some of the world. :p :lol:
Ikewithteeth97

Post by Ikewithteeth97 »

:geek: :geek:
A. Naim wrote:..."Back in 2017"?? That's, like, still last week for some of the world. :p :lol:
I have a sense of humor I have too say.
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

Ikewithteeth97 wrote:
omarsis81 wrote:Hi and welcome to the PCem world. I hope you already put it work!
I like the 90s too!
Thank you, so what can I contribute? Also I would like to do some exprimenting with something new for PCem.
If you know programming you can add some features or fix some bugs, if not, you can test DOS or Windows games and see if they work good or not and post it in the forum
A. Naim

Post by A. Naim »

Ikewithteeth97 wrote::geek: :geek:
A. Naim wrote:..."Back in 2017"?? That's, like, still last week for some of the world. :p :lol:
I have a sense of humor I have too say.
I figured. :)
Ikewithteeth97

Post by Ikewithteeth97 »

omarsis81 wrote:
Ikewithteeth97 wrote:
I like the 90s too!
If you know programming you can add some features or fix some bugs, if not, you can test DOS or Windows games and see if they work good or not and post it in the forum
Can I also contribute any resources from other emulators?