How to connect a folder in PCem to my own Computer?

Support and general discussion.
affywolf

How to connect a folder in PCem to my own Computer?

Post by affywolf » Sat 11 May, 2019 5:45 pm

Aghhh I've set it up before, but I think I'm using the wrong terms for searching what I need done. (Had to set my emulator back up cuz I got a new computer)
If anyone can give me a quick pointer or find another thread, it'd be much appreciated! Can't seem to find what I'm looking for x.x

So I have a driver file on my main computer, I know there's a way to put it in a folder that connects to PCem so I may install it. I just can't recall or find any tutorials on how to set that up.

Katakis

Re: How to connect a folder in PCem to my own Computer?

Post by Katakis » Sun 12 May, 2019 1:18 pm

I'd use WinImage to create a new disk image then transfer the driver file onto the image. Then when you boot up your OS within PCem, you will be able to drag the driver file onto the desktop or just load up the driver from whatever drive the disk is in.

(eg: if you created a 1.4M image with the driver on it, and put it in A: drive, you will be able to access A: from whatever OS you are using, and then you can click on the driver file)

leilei

Re: How to connect a folder in PCem to my own Computer?

Post by leilei » Mon 13 May, 2019 2:23 am

If you've got a CD-ROM drive in the guest, you could probably make a folder with your stuff, use mkisofs with that folder via a batch file to refresh the ISO and mount that.