Request - Rendition Verite V1000

Support and general discussion.
DSN

Request - Rendition Verite V1000

Post by DSN »

It is possible to add this card in the next release of PCem? The Verite V1000?
I'm wanting to emulate their video APIs - RRedline and Speedy3D - under Win95.
omarsis81

Re: Request - Rendition Verite V1000

Post by omarsis81 »

I know that Sarah is currently working on the Matrox Mystique
vbdasc

Post by vbdasc »

DSN wrote: Mon 06 Jan, 2020 4:59 am It is possible to add this card in the next release of PCem? The Verite V1000?
I'm wanting to emulate their video APIs - RRedline and Speedy3D - under Win95.
Why would you want Verite support in PCem only to emulate Rendition APIs? IMHO, a PCem with Verite support would emulate a real PC with that card, on which the APIs would run natively, provided you install the drivers :) If you really want to emulate the APIs, then current PCem should do, but you will need the Verite SDK (which can still be found online, I believe).
A. Naim

Post by A. Naim »

vbdasc wrote: Thu 13 Feb, 2020 8:46 am Why would you want Verite support in PCem only to emulate Rendition APIs? IMHO, a PCem with Verite support would emulate a real PC with that card, on which the APIs would run natively, provided you install the drivers :) If you really want to emulate the APIs, then current PCem should do, but you will need the Verite SDK (which can still be found online, I believe).
And indeed, the APIs could almost certainly be emulated on a modern system. So, although I am a long-time fan of PCem - it is not actually necessary to fulfill your request *as stated*. :)

That being said, if you want to write your own APIs for the Verite V1000 that will work on a period system, then although PCem is second only to actual period hardware, it does not currently have support for said card. :)