Sound in NT 3.1 and 4

Support and general discussion.
CaptainKoloth

Sound in NT 3.1 and 4

Post by CaptainKoloth »

I've successfully installed Windows NT 3.1 and 4.0 in v15, but despite experimenting with every sound card I can't get one to work within those machines. Anyone know how to enable sound in NT 3.1 and/or 4.0?
win2kgamer

Re: Sound in NT 3.1 and 4

Post by win2kgamer »

I can say for a fact that sound works on NT 3.1 and 4.0 - I did quite a bit of testing on the sound cards in PCem v16.

On Windows NT 3.1 I would recommend using a Sound Blaster 2.0 (or a 16 if you have the necessary driver disk, which can be found with a Google search) and on 4.0 I would recommend a SoundBlaster 16 or AWE32.

To install the sound drivers on Windows NT 3.1, go to the Control Panel, double click on "Drivers" and then click on "Add". You should see a "Sound Blaster" option in the menus (if you have the SB16 driver disk, click on "Unlisted or updated driver") - click on this and then click "OK".

On Windows NT 4.0, go the the Control Panel, double click on "Multimedia", click on the "Devices" tab and then click on "Add...". You will see options for the Sound Blaster as well as the AWE32's wavetable synth. Click on the driver and then click "OK".
CaptainKoloth

Re: Sound in NT 3.1 and 4

Post by CaptainKoloth »

That worked, thanks!