Severe bug? with PCem v15 with using Sigma color 400 graphics under IBM PC XT emulation

Support and general discussion.
MichaelWeaser

Severe bug? with PCem v15 with using Sigma color 400 graphics under IBM PC XT emulation

Post by MichaelWeaser »

I have having a weird issue emulating a IBM PC XT using PCem v15 using an emulated Sigma color 400 graphics card, that causes PCem to stop working correctly even with other until I reboot my computer. What Happens is if Sigma color 400 graphics is selected when emulating a IBM PC XT , when it boots , It goes through the memory test then it either shows up a black screen or does garbled text on screen. After this happens it totally bricks PCem v15 and refuses to work even with other emulated computer setups, even after exiting PCem and restarting it completely, until my actual computer is rebooted.

For example after the problem happens with IBM PC XT and sigma color 400, I change the graphics card back to CGA or VGA emulated graphics in the emulated IBM PC XT , it goes through memory test than it just blinks a _ , no matter if I reset the emulator , or exit out of PCem completely and reload it , if I select the other computer I'm emulating a basic pentium computer using windows 98 with a compatible graphics card , it does basically the same thing as with the IBM PC XT, goes and do a post and just eventually stops working with a _ blinking on screen. This will happen with any emulated computer setup as well and will not fix the issue unless a total real actual computer reboot is done.

I need to test this bug with other computer setup, after I reboot my real computer I need to check if it does it for example on a 286 when sigma color 400 graphics is selected , just to check if this bug is just isolated just to a IBM PC XT , need to check if it does this on an original IBM PC setup as well.