[Bug] PCem running on Gnome Shell Wayland doesn't display menu on right click (Linux)

Support and general discussion.
jasaldivara

[Bug] PCem running on Gnome Shell Wayland doesn't display menu on right click (Linux)

Post by jasaldivara »

When I run PCem on a Gnome Shell session on Wayland, right-clicking the window doesn't display the menu.

When I run PCem on a Gnome Classic session, or Gnome Shell on X, menu works and displays ok when I right click the window.

Im on a Fedora 31 system, 64 bits, with 3.34.3 Gnome, Intel Haswell Desktop Graphics, Intel Core i5-4460 CPU.
I downloaded and compiled PCem v15 for Linux from the official page on https://pcem-emulator.co.uk/downloads.html
davefiddes

Re: [Bug] PCem running on Gnome Shell Wayland doesn't display menu on right click (Linux)

Post by davefiddes »

I'm seeing this with v16 on Fedora 32 as well (when patched to fix a gcc 10 incompatibility). I plan on taking a look.
Guidosaurus2142

Re: [Bug] PCem running on Gnome Shell Wayland doesn't display menu on right click (Linux)

Post by Guidosaurus2142 »

jasaldivara wrote: Thu 30 Jan, 2020 6:19 pm When I run PCem on a Gnome Shell session on Wayland, right-clicking the window doesn't display the menu.

When I run PCem on a Gnome Classic session, or Gnome Shell on X, menu works and displays ok when I right click the window.

Im on a Fedora 31 system, 64 bits, with 3.34.3 Gnome, Intel Haswell Desktop Graphics, Intel Core i5-4460 CPU.
I downloaded and compiled PCem v15 for Linux from the official page on https://pcem-emulator.co.uk/downloads.html

I'm having a similar problem. By default my I'm booting Nobara (Fedora based) in Gnome with Wayland. Doesn't matter if I switch to Gnome Classic on Wayland or Gnome/Classic with x-org. Right clicking on the top of the window does not pull up the additional menu to access optical drives etc. I was able to get it to work randomly. Not sure if I was double-clicking my mouse, right-clicking, holding ctrl, alt, etc. I only got it to work 2x randomly and I thought it was by left clicking.
unreal9010

Post by unreal9010 »

Please use v17. v15 and v16 are outdated and no longer maintained or supported.