Help getting external MIDI working in PCem (Linux) (No MIDI Option in GUI)

Support and general discussion.
DX2-66

Help getting external MIDI working in PCem (Linux) (No MIDI Option in GUI)

Post by DX2-66 »

Hi, this is my first post here. Thank you for your wonderful PC emulator. I found this to be more useful than VirtualBox for my Windows 95 VM.

I'm running openSUSE Leap 15.2 and compiled the source from github. I have enabled the alsa in ./configure command, but I do not see any dialog box for choosing the external MIDI.

I would like to use either Timidity++ or MUNT with the MIDI option. (Both have been compiled and working in Dosbox.)

Thank you.
DX2-66

Re: Help getting external MIDI working in PCem (Linux) (No MIDI Option in GUI)

Post by DX2-66 »

Sorry for bumping this thread. (It's been more than a month, so I hope no one will get annoyed, yet.) Can anyone help point me in fixing this issue for compiling in Linux? I saw some similar issue but that was solved for compiling in Windows.

Thank you.
JosepMa

Post by JosepMa »

I believe that such a thing was only implemented for Windows, so the problem is that there are some missing code to do that. (It's been quite a while, so I can't be sure 100%)
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

Look at this video! Roland SC free and LEGAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIxQvwJO7kM
DX2-66

Post by DX2-66 »

JosepMa wrote: Tue 01 Sep, 2020 7:55 pm I believe that such a thing was only implemented for Windows, so the problem is that there are some missing code to do that. (It's been quite a while, so I can't be sure 100%)
Thank you.

I guess I'll just wait for someone familiar with Linux and coding to help send the patch/edit to the github source.