Mouse moves too fast to be useful

Support and general discussion.
LordMeow

Mouse moves too fast to be useful

Post by LordMeow »

Hello!

Excuse me if I ask something blatantly obvious... but I have been searching in the net and here in the forums and did not find a problem similar to mine.

I have found that the mouse emulation is completely unusable in all machines I create. I have created machines with DOS, Windows 3.11, Windows 98... and all have the same problem: the mouse moves too fast to be of any use.

I have also tested in several real machines, laptops and desktops, all of them under Windows 10... Maybe it's a problem with W10? I have a couple of machines with Linux so I'll try to move the machines configuration there and try... but I am really at a loss, I don't know where to look or what to do.

Does anybody have had a similar problem with the mouse?

Thanks!
Cheez

Re: Mouse moves too fast to be useful

Post by Cheez »

I don't remember if this is the right problem, but here's some ideas. First is to just reduce the mouse speed in the host system, but with or without that, there's a couple other things you could do. For DOS it should be possible to reduce the sensitivity when loading mouse drivers, and in Windows, you can try reducing the mouse speed at the control panel
ruben_balea

Re: Mouse moves too fast to be useful

Post by ruben_balea »

I'm not sure but mouse speed is somewhat related to screen resolution, if your display is UHD (2K or 4K or the like) you can try switching to a lower screen resolution, like full HD (1920x1080)