International keyboard

Discussion of development and patch submission.
rmorette

International keyboard

Post by rmorette »

Hi all,

I'm using the Linux build of PCem. Brazilian keyboards have an extra key mapped as the "slash/question mark" that is not working under PCem. The scancode for this key is 0x73.

I figured out that SDL maps this key as SDL_SCANCODE_INTERNATIONAL1, so I added it to the array SDLScancodeToSystemScancode as "SDL_SCANCODE_INTERNATIONAL1, 0x73" in wx-sdl2-display.c

I tried to map it in scancode_set2 array at keyboard.c with "{0x73, 0}, {0xf0, 0x73, 0}" but it is mapping as the number 5 of numeric keyboard. This array seems to be using different values from the tables that I have.

How do I proper pass the 0x73 scancode to the VM?

Thanks!
rmorette

Re: International keyboard

Post by rmorette »

Nevermind, just figured out what was wrong. for documentation, the proper code is 0x51
EluanCM

Post by EluanCM »

You may also notice that deadkeys won't work
rmorette

Post by rmorette »

Deadkeys seems to be working fine after configuring keyb under MS-DOS 6.22 on an AMI 386 and a Shutte-HOT P133. But I didn't test this very well yet. :)
rmorette

Post by rmorette »

If anyone is interested, here is a patch to fix the issue with the slash key on the BR ABNT keyboard:
at-br-keyboard.txt
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
It will only work with AT class machines, probably not all since some machines uses other keyboards mappings. Tested good on an AMI 286, AMI 386 and Shuttle HOT-557.

Untested on PCem for Windows.