Problems with PCem compilation in Windows

Support and general discussion.
NickHammerich

Problems with PCem compilation in Windows

Post by NickHammerich »

When I'm in the "MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit" enter the command "cmake -G "Ninja" -DMSYS=TRUE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release", it appears the error:
CMake Error at C:/msys64/mingw64/share/cmake-3.21/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
Could NOT find wxWidgets (missing: wxWidgets_LIBRARIES
wxWidgets_INCLUDE_DIRS)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/msys64/mingw64/share/cmake-3.21/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:594 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
C:/msys64/mingw64/share/cmake-3.21/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake:1025 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
CMakeLists.txt:87 (find_package).

Before compiling , I installed wxWidgets 3.1.5 using the installation file . I also installed the following libraries: cmake, SDL2, ninja, OpenAL using the pacman command.

Computer Characteristics:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 1700x
RAM: 4*8Gb. In total, 32 gigabytes of RAM
GPU: AMD Radeon RX550 with 2 gigabytes of VRAM
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Elite
HDD1: Toshiba P300 (500GB)
HDD2: Toshiba P300 (4TB)

Last edited by NickHammerich on Sun 23 Jan, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
leilei

Re: Problems with PCem compilation in Windows

Post by leilei »

Try -G "MSYS Makefiles" instead
MichaelJManley

Post by MichaelJManley »

It seems the issue is the missing space inbetween -DMSYS=TRUE and -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

So in reality MSYS is being set as TRUE-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release, so its not gonna find wxWidgets even in MSYS Makefiles.

Mind I did switch to Ninja hence why I said it in documentation, but the awesomeness of CMake allows you to pick either :)
NickHammerich

Post by NickHammerich »

As it turned out, the compiler does not see wxWidgets. No methods on the Internet help me.