PCem vNext Builds

Support and general discussion.
MichaelJManley

PCem vNext Builds

Post by MichaelJManley »

Since I have noticed if I'm not coding enough on PCem the vNext builds will expire and will not allow you to download. I now adjusted the Actions to also upload to my CDN and will be assesable at https://pcem-dev-builds.cdn.ntgecdn.com/

To get a build using the CDN do the following.
  • Get the artifact name from the Actions build results (ex. PCem-Debug-vNext-Windows-MINGW32-46)
  • Next get the full commit ID associated with that build, you will find this in the address bar when you click on the commit id in the Actions build results (ex. 33a4bc6c46fcf9eda4efcc915c7ae2ce50c51a36)
  • Now combine the two with an - and use .zip for Windows builds and .tar.bz2 for Linux (ex. https://pcem-dev-builds.cdn.ntgecdn.com ... c51a36.zip)
I will have a more automated way of doing this but for now, this will be the way to do it till that is done
UPerschke

Re: PCem vNext Builds

Post by UPerschke »

Thanks.
duotone

Post by duotone »

The build in the above zip lacks profile guided optimizations. Tried the sources included in the zip and a single pass of PGO brought them up to the same performance as the released v17.
leilei

Post by leilei »

PGO isn't something very automatable. Instead there could be -flto, which still isn't quite PGO tier but is a good boost and is what i've always done for making WIP builds.
vintagegameQT

Post by vintagegameQT »

where do I get the ROMS for these nightly builds?
Arjen42

Post by Arjen42 »

Those are the same roms as for PCem 17.

Forum policy is that you cannot ask where to get roms (or non public software).