GAME Earth 2140 problem with sound blaster 16(sb1, sb pro)

Discussion of development and patch submission.
MortalThing

GAME Earth 2140 problem with sound blaster 16(sb1, sb pro)

Post by MortalThing »

Hi , testing Earth 2140 demo and Full version

SB 16 is detect in setup but when i start file earth.exe for demo or game.exe for full version. Game not played.

Game EARTH 2140, have problem detect sound blaster this same problem in dosbox but when in dosbox set small cycle: 3000 start is OK but set 10000 and more have problem.

Here demo download.
https://archive.org/details/Earth2140Demo
omarsis81

Re: GAME Earth 2140 problem with sound blaster 16(sb1, sb pro)

Post by omarsis81 »

I get the same error too
If I select "No sound" the game works fine

During the initialization the game tries to read CD tracks, however there are only files and of course no audio tracks to read... but you say it work OK under Dosbox?
SA1988

Post by SA1988 »

You need to set the blaster variable in autoexec.bat to make it work with the Sound Blaster series.
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

SA1988 wrote:You need to set the blaster variable in autoexec.bat to make it work with the Sound Blaster series.
Of course I've have that line! As a matter of fact, in the setup where you chose the sound card you can test it, and the audio sounds fine
MortalThing

Post by MortalThing »

omarsis81 wrote:I get the same error too
If I select "No sound" the game works fine

During the initialization the game tries to read CD tracks, however there are only files and of course no audio tracks to read... but you say it work OK under Dosbox?
Yes, but in the dosbox it must be set smaller number of cycles when running , that is slowing down the processor, then initialization will go correct.
When setting large cycle, then initialization will go wrong.
And Real hardware is not a problem.
MortalThing

Post by MortalThing »

Hello play is going to play with WINDOWS SOUND SYSTEM sound was too quiet until time until Tom Walker made sound amplification thank you even play with audio setup CDROM I managed to mute the sound in the source code because the soundtrack WINDOWS SOUND SYSTEM is cdrom too loud and I can not get drivers under MSDOS 6.22 for WSS, Sound blaster drivers include a mixer but WSS do not. That's why I played the source code and edited it manually

file sound.c
        cd_vol_l = 255;
        cd_vol_r = 255;

then cdrom quiet but it occurred to me to do the menu but i do not know how to fix wx widget i found an xml but i do not know how to get it to the editor to see the menu thank you for the advice.
SA1988

Post by SA1988 »

MortalThing wrote:Hello play is going to play with WINDOWS SOUND SYSTEM sound was too quiet until time until Tom Walker made sound amplification thank you even play with audio setup CDROM I managed to mute the sound in the source code because the soundtrack WINDOWS SOUND SYSTEM is cdrom too loud and I can not get drivers under MSDOS 6.22 for WSS, Sound blaster drivers include a mixer but WSS do not. That's why I played the source code and edited it manually

file sound.c
        cd_vol_l = 255;
        cd_vol_r = 255;

then cdrom quiet but it occurred to me to do the menu but i do not know how to fix wx widget i found an xml but i do not know how to get it to the editor to see the menu thank you for the advice.
Well, proper grammar would fine by the way, and hmm, I'm pretty sure there are some WSS drivers for DOS.
MortalThing

Post by MortalThing »

Hm,
My grammar is not good. But could you provide a link where the drivers can get?
SA1988

Post by SA1988 »