[PCem v15] CD audio doesn't loop correctly.

Support and general discussion.
wart

[PCem v15] CD audio doesn't loop correctly.

Post by wart » Thu 26 Sep, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi, I've been trying out a few games and the ones I've tried that have CD audio don't loop that audio like they do on real hardware. Specifically Quake and Tomb Raider. This problem occurs for me on both my laptop and my desktop, both on Linux Mint and Manjaro. I haven't had a chance to try it out in Windows. I'm currently running MS-DOS 6.22 on PCem but I was previously running Windows 95 and had the same issues there. I'm running PCem v15 but had the same problem in v14. Both Tomb Raider and Quake are running from/with mounted bin+cue combinations that I've verified against redump's database. This is the only problem I currently have with PCem, which is otherwise AMAZING! It's worth noting that I have the same problem with Dosbox, as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Laptop Specs:
MACHINE: Fujitsu Lifebook A555
CPU: Intel Core i5-5200U
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500

Desktop Specs:
MACHINE: Asus Crossblade Ranger
CPU: AMD A10-6800K
RAM: 8GB
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X

Emulated PC Specs:
MACHINE: Shuttle HOT-557
CPU: Pentium 75
RAM: 16MB
GPU: S3 ViRGE/DX + Voodoo
SND: Sound Blaster 16
CDR: 8X
Last edited by wart on Fri 04 Oct, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

wart

Re: Redbook audio doesn't loop correctly.

Post by wart » Fri 27 Sep, 2019 4:41 pm

Oh and just to clarify I'm mounting the bin+cue files directly in PCem. I've tried passing through my actual disc drive and mounting the bin+cue files in Linux with CDemu but and in both cases I actually got no CD audio at all, even though PCem could see the disc and install the game from it.