Future graphics card emulation

Support and general discussion.
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Re: Future graphics card emulation

Post by SarahWalker »

Given that you decided to make your first and at that point only post a request for stuff, I felt a little snark was in order.

Particularly as your request for the Trio3D suggests you didn't actually read this thread before posting.
mijk

Post by mijk »

I didn't see Trio3D in the original list. I didn't Ctrl-F either. I'll keep my requests to myself and ride out whatever comes. Thanks for your time.
Xanarki

Post by Xanarki »

Is the Matrox emulation still dead in the water? Even though it seemed really unique, simultaneously, I can see it being too big of a headache.

Also, I know someone mentioned the Number Nine Imagine 128, and that's basically a CAD card. But are there resources available for the Number Nine Revolution set? I'm only curious because it was, err, semi-successful, sort've...at least more so than a few others.
leilei

Post by leilei »

On the PCX1/2 front, this repository just happened

https://github.com/powervr-graphics/PowerVR-Series1

No tech docs, but the simulat2 (PCX1) and simulat3 (PCX2) folders have a lot of juicy bits for emulation reference in there as that's simulator code (among hardware registers, etc).
MrPepka

Post by MrPepka »

That's my question. I wonder if this program could somehow help emulate the graphics card (assuming its source code would be published)?
https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/
leilei

Post by leilei »

All 3DAnalyze does is inject overrides of caps and ids for Direct3D and OpenGL. It won't emulate anything. Way back then, it was mostly used to try to get DX8/9 games to work on DX7 hardware (often to trainwreck/slow results), and its hooking wasn't very stable.