PCem does not render anything.

Support and general discussion.
ChronicEel93

PCem does not render anything.

Post by ChronicEel93 »

I'm fairly certain that this problem isn't going to be effecting anyone else soon, but it is still a problem.

So, I haven't fiddled with PCem for about a month (busy moving and stuff), and now it doesn't work. Sorta.

First off, a month ago, things were hunky dory. No problems whatsoever, well except for some funky MMX rendering in Win98, but that's a different thing altogether. Anyways, A month ago, using the same laptop, same windows version and everything, things were working fine. Now they aren't.

As far as I can tell, this problem effects every version of PCem that uses SDL for rendering the screen. If I use the Direct3D or software renderers, I get a grey window.If I use the OpenGL renderer, I get a white window. If I use the OpenGL3 renderer, I get a black window. No error messages, no sounds, and the machine window says things are running at 100%, but as far as I can tell, it's not doing anything but idling. I don't think it's even trying to boot anything, because the dynarec stats don't tick up at all on the pentium machines.

I've recently fiddled around with SDL development, so I thought that the dev dll was messing with the shipped dll, nevermind the fact that a dll in a local directory should be preferred over a system library, but whatever. I took it out of my path, but things are still broken. It's honestly kind of confusing.

Of course, I made sure to run through the normal troubleshooting steps as well, killing defender, playing with the compatibility settings, restarting the computer, running it from different drives, and found myself without any luck there.

Just for completeness sake, I'm trying to run this on a Dell Inspiron 5585, with a ryzen 7 3700u processor, running windows 10.

If I get bored enough, I might build and debug a copy just to see what's going on, but I'm throwing this up here on the off chance that I missed something blindingly obvious.
ChronicEel93

Re: PCem does not render anything.

Post by ChronicEel93 »

Well, I've tried running it on linux. Same issue. No error messages either.
So, the problem is OS agnostic, but hardware specific.
Turned off virtualization. Same issue.
What?
MiraiMiracle

Re: PCem does not render anything.

Post by MiraiMiracle »

Your graphics card might not support its virtualization. What version of Linux you have?
"You cannot escape my Persona!"