[SOLVED] wxWidgets, ahem, PCem main icon misplaced

Discussion of development and patch submission.
ruben_balea

[SOLVED] wxWidgets, ahem, PCem main icon misplaced

Post by ruben_balea »

Yesterday I built pcem from the latest source code but today I was more awake and I realized that the main icon (the wxWidgets default icon) was missing, it has gone along with all other resources to libpcem.dll and now Windows has to show a generic executable icon in explorer, taskbar, shortcuts, etc.

Having to fix that I think it would be a great opportunity to add its own icon to PCem and make this project stop sharing the main icon with a zillion other projects.
In my humble opinion the base icon used for the configuration manager buttons would be a good choice, assuming such file still exists :roll:

For those who do not know what icons I am talking about these are the icons used in the buttons of the configuration manager:
computer_go.png
computer_go.png (1.92 KiB) Viewed 1987 times
computer_edit.png
computer_edit.png (1.96 KiB) Viewed 1987 times
computer_delete.png
computer_delete.png (2 KiB) Viewed 1987 times
computer_add.png
computer_add.png (2 KiB) Viewed 1987 times
And this is the wxWidgets default icon:
wx_std.png
wx_std.png (993 Bytes) Viewed 1987 times
Last edited by ruben_balea on Sat 22 Jan, 2022 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
leilei

Re: [BUG] wxWidgets, ahem, PCem main icon misplaced

Post by leilei »

the wx default icon in the low color pixel form happens to resemble 3 crewmates nowadays...
MichaelJManley

Post by MichaelJManley »

I totally forgot to move wx.rc to the actual executable. I fixed it in a maintenance commit.

But yes, it be nice to get a logo of some sort instead of the WX Default Icon.
ruben_balea

Post by ruben_balea »

leilei wrote: Fri 21 Jan, 2022 5:41 am the wx default icon in the low color pixel form happens to resemble 3 crewmates nowadays...
Hmm that's true, but now I can't unsee that :? another reason to change the icon :lol: