PCEM and Redbook Audio issues.

Support and general discussion.
Sooga

PCEM and Redbook Audio issues.

Post by Sooga »

Since my other threads got ignored maybe it's the way I word it. :? But I can't get past the first audio track on CDA games THAT uses Bin/Cue files. The first song plays but not the next.
Arjen42

Re: PCEM and Redbook Audio issues.

Post by Arjen42 »

It's always better to open a new thread if you have a new question, than ask that in an (unrelated) existing topic.

Unfortunately I haven't played a game with CD audio in PCem, so I can't help you with that.
undeon

Post by undeon »

Sooga wrote: Fri 15 Jul, 2022 9:46 am Since my other threads got ignored maybe it's the way I word it. :? But I can't get past the first audio track on CDA games THAT uses Bin/Cue files. The first song plays but not the next.
You said "games", so I believe it happens on every game, excluding any game-related issues. What games are you having problems? I can try at least one of them here....
Guarantee this isn't a driver issue. Search for the most compatible (not necessary the last) driver available. You can try modded drivers too.
Search about VxD and WDM drivers and go for compatibility always.
Try change the emulated sound card, but compatibility should be priority here too... If you're playing a DOS game, stick with the ISA ones...
Sooga

Post by Sooga »

undeon wrote: Fri 15 Jul, 2022 12:44 pm
Sooga wrote: Fri 15 Jul, 2022 9:46 am Since my other threads got ignored maybe it's the way I word it. :? But I can't get past the first audio track on CDA games THAT uses Bin/Cue files. The first song plays but not the next.
You said "games", so I believe it happens on every game, excluding any game-related issues. What games are you having problems? I can try at least one of them here....
Guarantee this isn't a driver issue. Search for the most compatible (not necessary the last) driver available. You can try modded drivers too.
Search about VxD and WDM drivers and go for compatibility always.
Try change the emulated sound card, but compatibility should be priority here too... If you're playing a DOS game, stick with the ISA ones...
I'm on medicine for sinus infection and this is my first day so I will fiddle once again when I am off the 'other end' of it but to answer your question: I play Magic School Bus Ocean and Earth which are suppose to have a soundtrack a beautiful one according to YouTube but I get a 'Parameter out of Range'. The only step to avoid this is to download the 64 bit Archive Dot Org edition which partially solves the problem by removing that message but only the 1st song plays. It's a Bin and Cue format. I ran the Bin and Cue on PCEM and didn't get the parameter out of range error either but only the 1st song played the 'Hit the Beach' theme. When you get to the actual bus no more music to be heard.

Yet on YT there are several tracks going all the way down to the ocean floor. There's 8 tracks I think. The 1st is game data.
wishusknight

Post by wishusknight »

Emulators like Dosbox or Virtualbox may have better luck with cdda disks.