Gravis Gamepads emulation!

Support and general discussion.
vintagegameQT

Gravis Gamepads emulation!

Post by vintagegameQT »

Hi
I know PCem already has an option to enable gamepads however it's confusing how do I suppose to know what's the button 0 on the "Standard 4 Button Joystick" and what is the button 0 on my Xinput controller? wouldn't it be easier if PCem had a UI like QT PCSX2? we could easily bind an Xinput controller to a Gravis Gamepad or a Gravis Gamepad Pro or other major brands of the time then we only had to install drivers. it took me hours to figure out which button is which for a Gravis gamepad I can now finally play Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. here's the sequence I used to represent a 4 button Gravis gamepad:

Button 0 = Button 2
Button 1 = Button 3
Button 2 = Button 0
Button 3 = Button 1

the left column is the emulated "Standard 4 Button Joystick" and the right Column is the Xinput buttons that could just be A, B, X, Y instead of 0 1 2 3
leilei

Re: Gravis Gamepads emulation!

Post by leilei »

IIRC Gravis Gamepads also had a GrIP standard for input to allow for extra buttons and a second pad
salmawisoky

Post by salmawisoky »

I understand that it can be confusing to map the buttons on different gamepads when using PCem. PCem is a retro PC emulator that aims to replicate the hardware and software of older computer systems, and it may not have the same user-friendly interface as modern emulators like QT PCSX2. Candy Crush
vintagegameQT

Post by vintagegameQT »

salmawisoky wrote: Wed 27 Dec, 2023 6:53 am I understand that it can be confusing to map the buttons on different gamepads when using PCem. PCem is a retro PC emulator that aims to replicate the hardware and software of older computer systems, and it may not have the same user-friendly interface as modern emulators like QT PCSX2. Candy Crush
the thing is at least they can use the standard Xbox buttons for an Xbox controller that a user want to map, it'll be less confusing